Listen Up! Northwest is a collaboratively produced radio magazine featuring stories of communities in action throughout the Northwest. Each broadcast highlights the work of skilled community radio producers and artists from our region, including Alaska, Alberta, British Columbia, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, and Washington.
Listen Up! Northwest Program 8 features stories on how art brings us together. Segments include:
* Elders in Seattle who were part of the swing dance movement during the Harlem renaissance continue their passion in Seattle (Sallie Bodie, KBCS-Seattle)
* Anchorage unveils a sculpture that commemorates the history of civil rights in Alaska (Len Anderson, KSKA-Anchorage)
* A group of people with disabilities in Eugene, Oregon use theater arts to speak out on accessability issues (Julie Sabatier, Destination DIY-Portland)
* Refugees who have made the northwest their home share their art with the community (Donald Giesen, KBCS-Seattle)
* A group of high school students in Washington who have experienced war, read their poems about war's repercussions (Merna Ann Hecht, KBCS-Seattle)